Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Coffee making. collaborating, and cooking



Had a great night's sleep which made me so thankful! I still covet your prayers for a full recovery!
Funto-- our coffee maker at class--so impressed that this fancy machine is here!

 We did a lot of group work again today and we're amazed at the improvements in our teachers as they summarize articles, do presentations and keep up with all the readings each night. They have been so diligent and conscientious. 
Two teachers have gone to the clinic for medications since they felt ill, so we continue to pray for good health for all of us.
the collaborative activity-- 
It was so interesting to see what our class came up when I did another collaborative activity with them. I gave them 12 min in groups of 4 to "design, invent, or build" something with a small packet that I had prepared beforehand.
One of the items was a pencil along with paper clips, toothpicks, and pieces of paper. All of the groups said that the pencil was for writing on the pieces of paper-- no one thought of any other use for this pencil. We're encouraging creativity and trying to think outside the box.
We met a lovely couple with 3 kids who are staying at CH on a 3 month volunteer teaching English assigment. We saw them in action in a Primary 6 classroom--the pupils recited some of their English vocabulary and even performed a dance set to a familiar Canadian tune.
Our wonderful cook--Emmebet!
Jennie continues to be very busy with all of our administrative details, as well as being a housemother, medical consultant, and social convenor. At coffee break today I saw her doling out a pain ointment to three of our male teachers--she gave them the cream and they rubbed it on each other's backs:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment